VILLAGE HEALTH VOLUNTEERS’ EXCELLENT AWARD WORK
COMMUNITY HEALTH MANAGEMENT
TITLE : Consumer Protection in Health at Tambon Nong Pan, Kamalasai District, Kalasinthu Province
CATEGORIES : Consumer Protection in Health YEAR : 2014
AUTHOR(S) : MR.KAM BOONLUECHA
ADDRESS : Baan Moo 1, Tambon Nong Pan, Kamalasai District, Kalasinthu Province
Objectives of this VHVs work were to 1) operate consumer protecting project and 2) develop Kalasinthu Suksala to provide primary health care service for villagers at Baan Moo 1, Tambon Nong Pan, Kamalasai district, Kalasinthu province, between 2005 - 1014. Consumer protecting networks had been established in 9 villages (5 persons/village, which then extended to Tambon and district level), and 4 schools (5 students/school, so called little Au Yau). Food market of Tambon Nong Pan had been upgraded to be “flavor-to-buy market”, and golden label was marked in 28 food-shops (from 30 food-shops). Several customer protecting activities conveyed to villagers, manufacturers and merchandisers, had been arranged continuously. Tambon Nong Pan had been accredited and recognized as an orientation center in customer protection. The village’s primary health care center was successively upgraded to Kalasinthu Suksala, and its administrative system has been processed following standard protocol such as administrative structure, management and collaborative administration, health care service, and providing of academic service. This lead to get golden label award from external audit.
SITUATION AND SIGNIFICANCE OF THE PROBLEM
The area of Tambon Nong Pan, Kamalasai district, Kalasinthu province, is an average community size, comprising with 10 villages and 11 mini-villages, in which villagers of 6074 persons have lived here for a long time. Villagers had so long faced off customer consuming problems from 8 food shops and 58 miscellaneous shops around the community, and 30 fresh food shops of the municipality market. Common problems were due to a varieties of low quality consuming products such as cosmetics, herbal drugs, herbal drinks, direct-sale products, vegetables, fresh foods and fast foods. This inspired the author to initiate customer consuming protection’s projects at his hometown in collaboration with district health care office, Tambon health promoting hospital, manufacturers, food merchandisers, students and villagers since 2005. Village’s primary health care center was also upgraded to Kalasinthu Suksala, providing health care service to villagers. It had proposed to upgrade villagers’ life quality.
To operate projects and health care activities following holistic health management within the area of Moo 1, Tambon Nong Pan, Kamalasai district, Kalasinthu province during 2005-1014.
To carry out consumer protecting projects and related activities, aiming to improve villagers’ health and life quality at Moo 1, Tambon Nong Pan, Kamalasai district, Kalasinthu province.
Planning Projects and activities of customer protection as a part of 5-year health care plan had been done in collaboration with district health care office and Tambon Nong Pan health promoting hospital. The author had to attend and participate several training courses of customer protection in health, and had to arrange community’s operation plan for customer protecting purpose.
Action ; Formation of working Teams to drive consumer protecting projects and related activities, was held such as setup consumer protecting networks distributed in different villages and schools of the community. Training courses and knowledge transferring were also achieved toward villagers, manufacturers, and food merchandisers. Action to prompt food merchandisers whom sold low quality consumer products was completely arranged. An operation plan to step up village’s primary health care center to be Kalasinthu Suksala was also performed, step by step.
Effective networks, actual consumer protecting activities, and clear criteria to prompt food merchandisers whom sold low quality consumer products were used to assess.
• A varieties of consumer protecting activities occurred within the community such as knowledge informing and transferring to villagers for selection of good consuming products, training courses for manufacturers and food merchandisers.
• In collaboration with Tambon Nong Pan health promoting hospital, consumer protecting networks had been formed in 9 villages (5 persons/village), and 4 schools (5 students/school). All these networks’ members had been assigned to monitor the safety of foods and all other consuming products.
• The activity to grow organic vegetables as household consumption and commercial purpose had been promoted and supported continuously which then extended to cover the whole community.
• The village’s primary health care center was successively upgraded to Kalasinthu Suksala. Its administration had been processed following standard protocol such as administrative structure, management and collaborative administration, health care service, and providing of academic service. This golden label award was later taken from external audit.
• The process of consumer protecting activity had been established as real covering the whole community, which then extended to other communities and districts. Nong Pan has been recognized and insisted as an orientation center for consumer protection in health.
• Almost villagers, youths, manufacturers, food merchandisers of the community have realized themselves for the significance in consumer protection. Massive consumption of organic vegetables and the access to health care service from Kalasinthu Suksala, enabled villagers’ life quality to be better.
FACTORS EFFECTING ITS SUCCESSFULNESS
Author : MR. KAM BOONLUECHA, deserved himself as a village health volunteer since 2004.
Mentor team : Academic supports and advisory action from health officers of Tambon Nong Pan health promoting hospital.
Working team : Strength and unity of village health volunteers (VHVs) teams.
MR. KAM BOONLUECHA ; Age 75 years, Duration of deserved as VHV : 23 years, Education : -